ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Running dsmc incremental backup from client schedule versus from crontab

2007-11-01 21:02:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Running dsmc incremental backup from client schedule versus from crontab
From: Larry Clark <lclark01 AT NYCAP.RR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 21:01:15 -0400
yep, you can use the crontab.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lucia Burke" <Lucia.Burke AT SHARP DOT COM>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 8:16 PM
Subject: [ADSM-L] Running dsmc incremental backup from client schedule
versus from crontab

Hello -

I currently run a backup from a client schedule in which the action is
incremental and options include preschedulecmd and postschedulecmd.
The preschedulecmd procedure performs application shutdown procedures
and the postschedulecmd performs application startup procedures.

The user community would like to have the backup start at the same time
every day preferably at 00:30.
Currently, the client schedule is priority 2 with a four hour window
beginning at 22:45. I could create a schedule with a priority 1, a start
time of 00:30, and a smaller duration window. I could limit client
schedule association to this one client node. But I am not sure that
there is a way within a client schedule to guarantee a specific start
time. Should I do this as a crontab entry?
As a crontab entry, might I assume that the command "dsmc incremental"
captures the same files and directories as a client schedule with the
action "incremental"?

Thanks,

Lucia

Lucia Burke