ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] backup disk/backup tape

2007-10-31 18:17:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] backup disk/backup tape
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:17:13 -0700
>What type of library?

3584/TS3500 level 7260

Of the 2 grippers one was replaced a couple of weeks ago and both have
been working fine. I have not seen the system try to move a tape to the
door when it is full but I do see it consistently scan the door when it
is full. It could be possible a tape is in one of the grippers at that
time but honestly I have not looked when it is in that state. TSM does
show the outstanding request to clear the door, and when emptied it will
automatically start removing more tapes without having to respond to the
request. Other tape mounts seem to be fine while the I/O door is full.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-G1b