ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ssl for client web interface on v5.4

2007-10-31 09:23:09
Subject: [ADSM-L] ssl for client web interface on v5.4
From: Steve Roder <spr AT BUFFALO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:22:47 -0400
Hi All,

     I am still researching this, but it appears that in TSM 5.3, IBM
dropped the HTTPSport and COMMmethod HTTPS client config statements.  We
want to use dsmcad for certain client restores, and want the communication
to be secure.  Since dsmcad has a security vulnerability fixed in 5.4.1.2,
we need to use that version.

I would think there is a way to do this securely with 5.4, but so far, I
am not seeing how.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  And
hopefully, it does not require having to setup and use ISC, which I have
seen mentioned in some of the client doc.

Thanks,

Steve Roder
University at Buffalo
(spr AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564)