ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Wrong devc in q pro output

2007-10-25 10:01:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Wrong devc in q pro output
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:00:20 -0400
TSM 4.3.4.0 running on AIX 5.3.06.03

I have five devclasses pointing to five difference tape libraries.  When I am
doing backup storagepool and have more processes running than I have mount
points and I do a Query Process, one or more of the processes say they are
waiting on mount points.  There are mount points available in the devclass for
the primary storage pool but not in the devclass for the copy pool.  But the
output of the  Q PRO says it is waiting on mount points in the primary devc,
not the copy devc leading to some confusion until I figured out what was going
on.  Has anyone else seen this?  Is there a fix?

David Ehresman