ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Reading 3592 cartridge memory

2007-10-19 15:39:32
Subject: [ADSM-L] Reading 3592 cartridge memory
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:37:56 -0400
My management would like to use the information in the cartridge
memory on 3592 volumes to keep track of tape life. They have asked
me to find out how to read this information. The best idea I have
come up with so far is to place a tape drive offline to TSM, mount
a tape on the drive, and use IBMtapeutil to execute 'logpage 30' and
'logpage 3D' subcommands. Is there a better way to do this?

We have a TSM 5.3.4.0 server running under mainframe Linux. The
tape drives are FCP attached.