ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 7500 Mb/s on 10 GbE!

2007-10-18 19:40:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 7500 Mb/s on 10 GbE!
From: Bob Booth <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:39:44 -0500
On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 07:00:29PM -0400, Curtis Preston wrote:
> I monitor several backup-related mailing lists, and a user on another
> list is getting 7500 Mb/s on his 10 GbE card and was willing to share
> how he did it.

We don't have a back to back 10Gb connection, but we do have 3 1Gb servers
going into a foundry switch, which has a private 10Gb connection to our TSM
server.  We achieve 1590Mb/sec.  6 TSM image backups streaming, two from
each server, going directly to 3592 drives.  P5 - 570 TSM server, does not
break a sweat, and I'm sure more is possible.