ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Windows Cluster Configuration

2007-10-18 09:13:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] Windows Cluster Configuration
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:13:30 -0400
Windows Cluster Configuration.

Hello all,

We have been having another issue with one of our Clients Windows
Cluster Configuration and the TSM Scheduler and TSM Web Client were uninstalled/reinstalled.

I have a question about Windows Clustering, When creating the scheduler
On the PHYSICAL NODE of a Cluster do you check the box in the setup
GUI Wizard that says “ TSM Authentication at the Bottom there is a
Box that say’s ‘THIS IS A CLUSTER NODE”?

For some reason I don’t think it was checked on the Physical node’s
Scheduler when I viewed this before. It is however checked on the BOTH
Virtual Nodes when creating the Scheduler the cluster nodes are the H disk
and the Quorum disk that reside on the Physical nodes. Their dsm.opt files have clusternode yes in them.Which explains their scheduler clusternodes boxes being
checked Am I correct?

I am still trying to find this information in a redbook. (ITSM in a Clustered Envirnoment)

Thanks for any help or comments in advance!

TSM 5.3.4
AIX 5.3
Windows 2000 server (client server)
Windows client TSM 5.3.0