ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] generating backupsets for Windows clients

2007-10-12 10:10:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] generating backupsets for Windows clients
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:10:11 -0400
If you have a stand-alone SCSI tape drive, attach that to the TSM server,
define it and then generate the backupset to that
devclass.

Or what about creating a FILE devclass with the with a MAXCAPACITY of either
the CD size or DVD if you're using that. Then FTP them
over to a Windows box to burn the CD/DVD. Just make sure to use BINary transfer
mode. I've heard of people doing that.

Bill Boyer
"Backup my harddrive? How do I put it in reverse?" - ??