ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exporting the backupsets

2007-10-11 11:07:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exporting the backupsets
From: "Choudarapu, Ramakrishna (GTI)" <Ramakrishna_Choudarapu AT ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:04:37 -0400
Hi All,

We were creating the backupsets using virtual volumes on z/os
environment.
Now, while migrating to z/linux, we are trying to export the backupset
nodes...

The source server reports that:

10/11/2007 05:17:05  ANR0986I Process 5 for EXPORT NODE running in the
                      BACKGROUND processed 52 items for a total of
                      492,626,569,659 bytes with a completion state of
SUCCESS
                      at 05:17:05.(SESSION: 8532, PROCESS: 5)

Whereas the target server says:

10/11/2007 05:17:05  ANR0988I Process 5 for IMPORT (from Server TSMLNG1)
                      running in the BACKGROUND processed 38 bytes with
                      completion state of SUCCESS at 05:17:05 AM.
(SESSION:
                      25091, PROCESS: 5)

Has anyone exprienced this before? Where did it export the data?
I see no new volumes written to on the target server, nor any
occupancy...

TIA,
Rama

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated,
this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment
products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable
law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC)
traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each
sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived,
supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This
message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you
consent to the foregoing.