ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fw: I would like to scratch a copypool volume with no data on it

2007-10-11 04:20:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fw: I would like to scratch a copypool volume with no data on it
From: Uwe Schreiber <uwe.us.schreiber AT DAIMLER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:04:54 +0200
if you are using a TSM server level 5.3.2.0 and higher, you can use the
following command

repair stgvol volname=<name of your volume>       -> this is a not
documented command !!!

you will find the ouput of the command within the activity-log ... like
this sample

10/10/07   16:03:51      ANR2017I Administrator XXXXX issued command:
REPAIR
                                          STGVOLS volname=YYYYYY (SESSION:
25580)
10/10/07   16:03:51      ANR0984I Process 218 for REPAIR STGVOL started in
the
                                          BACKGROUND at 16:03:51.
(PROCESS: 218)
10/10/07   16:03:51      ANR4752I REPAIR STGVOL process 218 started for 1
volumes.
                                          (SESSION: 25580)
10/10/07   16:03:51      ANR4758W REPAIR STGVOL repaired volume YYYYYY,
database
                                          reference errors were found and
corrected. (SESSION:25580)
10/10/07   16:03:51      ANR4754I REPAIR STGVOL process 218 ended,
processed 1 of 1
                                          total volumes with 1 repaired.
(SESSION: 25580)
10/10/07   16:03:51      ANR0987I Process 218 for REPAIR STGVOL running in
the
                                          BACKGROUND processed 1 items
with a completion state of
                                          SUCCESS at 16:03:51. (SESSION:
25580)

---------------------------------------

if you don't want or not able to use this command you have to the
following steps before you can issue
the "delete volume" command with an DRM managed volume

upd vol <name of your volume> access=destroyed

after using "delete volume" you have to re-checkin the tape into your
library as scratch.

regards
Uwe Schreiber

Patricia.Leblanc AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM
Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
10.10.2007 13:48
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: I would like to scratch a copypool volume with no data on it

Update libv <libname> <volumename> status=scratch