ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Migration to new server and LAN-free backup

2007-10-11 03:42:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Migration to new server and LAN-free backup
From: "Verhelst, Luc" <Luc.Verhelst AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:40:45 +0200
Hi all,

We currently have TSM 5.2 running on a standalone IBM server (7028-6C4/
OS: AIX 5200-02).  We need to migrate to a new LPAR on our P590 that
runs on OS: 5300-05-CSP.

We plan to install TSM 5.4 and use LAN free backup instead of LAN
backup.  Has anyone of you done this migration in the past and if so is
there procedure available.

The problem is that we have only 1 robot (IBM 3584/ 10 LTO 3 drives)
that is currently used on the old server, so testing will not be that
easy.

Regards,
Luc

Managed Services Unix
Da Vincilaan 5 - Corporate Village
B-1930 Zaventem

Phone: +32 (0)2 690 27 66
Fax: +32 (0)2 690 27 82
GSM: +32 (0)474 98 24 25
e-mail: luc.verhelst AT atosorigin DOT com