ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to reclaim "FILLING" volumes

2007-10-09 15:42:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to reclaim "FILLING" volumes
From: Nick Laflamme <nick.laflamme AT NIST DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:40:30 -0400
Nicholas Rodolfich wrote:
I have TSM server 5.3.5 on AIX 5.3.5 with an IBM 3584 library with 16
drives. In my offsite pool I have approximately 300 volumes with very
low utilization but they are in the FILLING state, I would expect them
to be in the FULL, EMPTY or PENDING state. Is there a way to target
these volumes with reclamation? I suppose I could do a move data on all
of them?

They certainly should be reclaimable even if they're in FILLING state if
they're off-site.

Did you use a command like MOVE DRMEDIA so TSM knows they're off-site?

What happens if you try a manual RECLAIM STGPOOL against that storage
pool? Does it say it finished normally without writing any fresh new
tapes? Do your reclamations work for that storage pool for FULL tapes
that are off-site?

Sorry to have more questions than answers,
Nick