ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RES: [ADSM-L] Volumes off library

2007-10-09 10:41:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RES: [ADSM-L] Volumes off library
From: Juan Perla <laperla AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 07:40:24 -0700
Hey,
We just did something similar.

we started with 1 old acsls library (library=lsm2 and acsid=1) 4 tapedrives
and 300 cartridges

we ended with 1 new acsls library (libray=lsm2 acsid=2) 4 tapedrives and
300 cartridges.

1)created the 4 new tape drives in the lsm2 library that were physically
  located in the new library (silo acsid=2)

2)disabled the 4 old tape drives in the old silo (acsid=1)

3)updated the old lsm2 library to have acsid=2

4)enabled the 4 new tape drives

5)then we physically ejected from the old library and entered into the
  new library.
all worked fine.
Hope this helps,
Juan Perla