ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Deleted Node

2007-10-08 13:29:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Deleted Node
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:29:06 -0600
Theoretically you could restore a TSM database backup to before the
deletion occurred.  As long as the media upon which that clients data
had not been reclaimed and reused, you can get that data back.  Lots of
mights and maybes in the process and taking your production server back
several days is a distinctly bad idea so think test server.

This is one of those deals where you ask how badly does somebody want
something as this is a ginormous pain the tush.

Kelly J. Lipp
VP Manufacturing & CTO
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive