ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] BACKUP STGPOOL puzzle: why so much from tape?

2007-10-03 14:24:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] BACKUP STGPOOL puzzle: why so much from tape?
From: Nick Laflamme <nick.laflamme AT NIST DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:21:55 -0400
Larry Clark wrote:
But I think the question was why are these files not in the copypool.
If they were migrated and a backup stg  (of the pool disk files are
migrated
to) <copypool> was scheduled, they should be.

So his problem suggests they have a scheduled backup to the copypool
from the primary disk pool, but not the pool they are migrated to.

Dear Larry,

It was my question. You misunderstood it when it was first posted. I
apologize for not pointing out the fallacy in your first answer. My
suspicion was that files were being backed up twice, not that they were
being completely missed. Kelly's answer that they wouldn't be backed up
from the disk storage pool if they had been migrated was the key point I
was missing.

Thanks,
Nick