ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migration question

2007-10-01 13:33:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migration question
From: Gabriel Gombik <oxygen AT NEXTRA DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 19:10:56 +0200
hi Bruce,

migration *MOVES* your clients' data from a PRIMARY storage pool
to a NEXT PRIMARY storage pool, e.g. from DISK to a primary TAPE pool.

backup stgpool *COPIES* clients' data stored on a PRIMARY pool
to a COPY pool (that has to be SEQUENTIAL, i.e. a tape pool).

after the successful backup of a primary storage pool, you will have
2 copies of data on TSM server, and you can send the 2nd copy to an
off-site location (vault).

see:
  help migrate stg
  help backup stg