ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Server v5.4.1.2

2007-09-28 11:34:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Server v5.4.1.2
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <gretchen AT PRINCETON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:31:58 -0400
I notice that there are 5.4.1.2 server versions on the ftp site this
morning,
but nothing in the README that points to the problems that have been
fixed. Is this just a repackaging of 5.4.1.1 in light of the security
announcement
earlier this week?

Also, as I moved from 5.4.0.x to 5.4.1.x on my AIX servers, I've noticed
that
the 'pick order' for reclamations has changed. It used to be that the
volumes
with the most amount of available space were reclaimed first; with
5.4.1.x
(5.4.1.1 at least), it's using the recl=xx setting and working its way
'backwards'.

As an example, if I have three volumes with the following amounts of
reclaimable space:

VOL000 99.9
VOL001 98.3
VOL002 95.7

Under 5.4.0.x, a rec=95 would start processing VOL000 first and
then proceed to VOL001 and then VOL002. Under 5.4.1.x, issuing the
same rec=95, the server starts processing in the reverse order, starting
with VOL002.

Is this 'fixing' something?

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University