ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Licensing question

2007-09-26 16:15:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Licensing question
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:12:20 -0700
> Yesterday my IBM rep sent me a quote for the new licenses and I was
quite >shocked at the total. For 13 servers the total price was almost
39 thousand >dollars. This is just the license to back the server up.
That works out to >about 3,000 per server. Does this seem right? Is this
about what everyone >else is paying? It just seems awfully high for a
client backup license...

Did you use the IBM link to get the value units yourself Mark? At least
this way you can ask a few folks for a quote.

https://www-112.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/valueunitcal
culator/vucalc.wss?jadeAction=EXPERT_ARCHITECTURE

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator
SAIC M/S-G1b