ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SECOND TIME SENDING: multiple dsm.opt - dsm.sys and tdpo.opt

2007-09-25 10:23:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SECOND TIME SENDING: multiple dsm.opt - dsm.sys and tdpo.opt
From: "Shaw, Dan" <DShaw AT TRIADFINANCIAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:20:58 -0700
Goran,

Thank you this will help quite a bit.

Thanks,

Dan S.

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
goc
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 3:57 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SECOND TIME SENDING: multiple dsm.opt - dsm.sys
and tdpo.opt

hi,
you can use one dsm.sys file simply linking to $DSM_HOME/dsm.sys file
from your API directory
each client has to have own opt file

dsm.sys part example:

SERVERNAME ARIS62_tdpo
        COMMmethod         TCPip
        TCPPort            1500
        TCPServeraddress   axptsm01
        NodeName           ARIS62_tdpo
        Mailprog           /usr/bin/mail root
        PASSWORDACCESS     Prompt
        Schedlogname       /var/adm/dsmsched.ARIS62_tdpo
        Schedlogretention  14 D
        ERRORLOGNAM        /var/adm/dsmerror_ARIS62_tdpo.log
        errorlogretention  14 D
        QUERYSCHED      12
        MANAGEDSERVICES    schedule webclient
        memoryefficientbackup no
        ENABLELANFREE   no

SERVERNAME ARISAM_tdpo
        COMMmethod         TCPip
        TCPPort            1500
        TCPServeraddress   axptsm01
        NodeName           ARISAM_tdpo
        Mailprog           /usr/bin/mail root
        PASSWORDACCESS     Prompt
        Schedlogname       /var/adm/dsmsched.ARISAM_tdpo
        Schedlogretention  14 D
        ERRORLOGNAM        /var/adm/dsmerror_ARISAM_tdpo.log
        errorlogretention  14 D
        QUERYSCHED      12
        MANAGEDSERVICES    schedule webclient
        memoryefficientbackup no
        ENABLELANFREE   no

in /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64 (or usr if on AIX) you must have 2
opt files
for each dsm.sys stanza one

example:

-rw-rw-rw-   1 root       sys             23 May 24 15:49
dsm_ARISAM_tdpo.opt
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root       sys             58 Jul 16 12:53
dsm_ARISAM_tdpo_sched.opt
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root       sys             29 Jul 16 12:53
dsm_ARIS62_tdpo.opt
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root       sys             29 Jul 16 12:53
dsm_ARIS62_tdpo_sched.opt

the *sched.opt 's are used for dsmcad type of scheduled rman/tdpo
backups

/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64 # more dsm_ARISAM_tdpo.opt
SERVERNAME ARISAM_tdpo

/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64 # more dsm_ARIS62_tdpo.opt
SERVERNAME ARIS62_tdpo

in /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64 -->

/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64 # ls -lrt ARIS*
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root       sys            764 Jul 16 13:04
ARIS62_tdpo.opt
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root       sys            764 Jul 16 13:05
ARISAM_tdpo.opt

content of this two -->

/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64 # cat ARIS62_tdpo.opt

***
* IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases
* Data Protection for Oracle
*
* Sample tdpo.opt for the AIX Data Protection for Oracle 64bit

DSMI_ORC_CONFIG    /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm_ARIS62_tdpo.opt

*DSMI_LOG           <dirname>

*TDPO_FS            orc9_db

*TDPO_NODE          <hostname>
TDPO_NODE          ARIS62_tdpo

*TDPO_OWNER         <username>

*TDPO_PSWDPATH      /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64
TDPO_PSWDPATH      /home/oracle

TDPO_DATE_FMT      4
*TDPO_NUM_FMT       1
*TDPO_TIME_FMT      1

*TDPO_MGMT_CLASS_2   orcbackup
*TDPO_MGMT_CLASS_3   mgmtclass3
*TDPO_MGMT_CLASS_4   mgmtclass4

root@hppdb01:/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64 # cat ARISAM_tdpo.opt

***
* IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases
* Data Protection for Oracle
*
* Sample tdpo.opt for the AIX Data Protection for Oracle 64bit

DSMI_ORC_CONFIG    /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm_ARISAM_tdpo.opt

*DSMI_LOG           <dirname>

*TDPO_FS            orc9_db

*TDPO_NODE          <hostname>
TDPO_NODE          ARISAM_tdpo

*TDPO_OWNER         <username>

*TDPO_PSWDPATH      /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64
TDPO_PSWDPATH      /home/oracle

TDPO_DATE_FMT      4
*TDPO_NUM_FMT       1
*TDPO_TIME_FMT      1

*TDPO_MGMT_CLASS_2   orcbackup
*TDPO_MGMT_CLASS_3   mgmtclass3
*TDPO_MGMT_CLASS_4   mgmtclass4

:end

the only diff is in DSMI_ORC_CONFIG and NODE_NAME parameter

you connect to each node with dsmc -se=arisam_tdpo or dsmc
-se=aris62_tdpo

for scheduling mulitple backups via dsmcad you have to add new stanza
in dsm.sys for each node with PASSWORDACCESS generate

and don't forget when generating passwords with "tdpoconf" into oracle
home directory to do it for each node used

important: make log files chmod 666 so oracle can write to them (the
easiest way) or rman/tdpo will fail with no precise explanation

dsmcad is started with NODENAME_tdpo_sched.opt -optfile parameter
because it MUST have PASSWORDACCESS generated before starting
scheduled operations

when everything seems to be configured, you MUST connect to node
manually with both optfile parameters - NODENAME_tdpo.opt and
NODENAME_tdpo_sched.opt TWO times just to make it sure ... *sched will
not ask you for password second time you'll log in (it will be used
for automatic schedules) but NODENAME_tdpo.opt will/must ask you for
password everytime since PASSWORDACCESS is PROMPT

have fun :-)

any questions? just ask here.

peace,
goran