ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up unavailable file systems causes objects to become inactive.

2007-09-22 03:00:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backing up unavailable file systems causes objects to become inactive.
From: Robert Clark <Robert_Clark AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:04:25 -0700
Write a script in your language of choice that compares the mount
list with a list of crucial filesystems like "/etc/
filesystems_crucial_to_backup"

Launch this script from the preschedulecmd, and if it returns a non-
zero code, the backup won't run.

For extra surety, you can look for files that should always be found
on a mounted filesystem, or look for files you've written to the
underlying mount point that you hope you never see.

[RC]