ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM licensing

2007-09-20 13:03:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM licensing
From: Vinicius Fraga <vinicius AT VANGUARD-IT.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:08:43 -0300
Hi Guys,

I have one client that has TSM Server 5.3, on the new licesing terms of
version 5.4, it's supported on the basic license libraries with x drives
and y slots, our client is licensed to use the tsm basic edition, and
because it's library is bigger than allowed on version 5.3 the licensing
in tsm is saying it's invalid.

Are there any way to pass the lic.file of version 5.4 to the 5.3,
otherwise I will need to migrate my server to version 5.4 to it be
compliant with IBM.

The other problem of migrating the server is that I have some clients
with the version 5.2, and I need to know if its supported and on the
site I only found clients of version 5.3 supported:
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/storage-mgr/platforms.ht
ml

Atenciosamente,

Vinicius do Valle Fraga
Engenheiro de Sistemas
VANguard - Value Added Network guardians
http://www.vanguard-it.com.br <http://www.vanguard-it.com.br>
Fone: 55 11 5103-0941