ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANR0487W

2007-09-20 07:55:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANR0487W
From: CAYE PIERRE <Pierre.Caye AT ALCATEL-LUCENT DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:53:17 +0200
Hello,

I am facing a dead backup with msgno ANR0487W...

-----------
ANR0487W Session session number for node node name (client platform) terminated
- preempted by another operation.

Explanation: The server ends a client session in response to a cancel request
issued by a higher priority operation that needed the mount point that the
client was using.

System Action: The server rolls back any transactions in progress for the
terminated client session.

User Response: Reissue the operation. If this message appears frequently,
consider increasing the mountlimit value for the affected device class.
-----------

I was running a DP for ERP backup and it stop (cleanly...) but in tsm log I can
see ANR0487W.

I am running TSM5.3.4.2 and DP for ERP 5.3.3. with API 5.3.3, which are not
oldies isn't it ?

In my case, it was just a problem of drives saturation and I restart the
backup, loosing 24h of backup activity for this node.
It is obvious that a so old problem is still managed by TSM in the same way.
Is it a good solution for TSM to simply kill runnings backups rather than delay
it ?
As often, we are securing high cost data's and lossing 24h of protection can
have a cost too...

Regards,

Pierre Cayé