ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] domain.image

2007-09-18 19:16:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] domain.image
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 19:14:32 -0400
On Sep 18, 2007, at 6:53 PM, Gill, Geoffrey L. wrote:

Not sure how I blew that but I did, you're right, it is DOMAIN.IMAGE.
I've never even looked at this so I'm looking for an explanation as to
its use. It looks like maybe it is used for backing up a file
system on
a different server, probably one not already being backed up by TSM???
Anyway looking to understand it. How it works and how Domain versions
affect it, if they do.

It's in the client manual.  Just as an ordinary backup observes the
DOMain option, an image backup observes the DOMAIN.Image client
option.  It was introduced in TSM 3.7, so you can see that version of
the Technical Guide redbook for an overview.

   Richard Sims