ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Server Error

2007-09-09 04:51:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Server Error
From: adrian_compton <acompton AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 10:49:09 +0200
Hi Bob,

Running 5.3.0 TSM on P570 AIX level 5.3.4 with a TS3310 Library with
expansion slots over FC. Have an EMC SAN connection for disk allocation.
DISKPOOLS sit on the EMC.

I have not done a dump/load and was nit instructed by IBM to do the
audit.
Only exception reported by the audit, was an "extended parameter 8 not
supported" and that was fixed by it.

There was inconsistency reported that COULD NOT be fixed. Missing links
in the diskpool not found. Required the volume to be restored which I
did not attempt.

Could the AUDITDB have messed things up.

Server now crashing after starting. An expire inventory seems to have
crashed 50% through the process and now the sever keeps core dumping
when I try start TSM.

I have now logged a call with IB in South Africa.

Regards

Adrian Compton
IT Baan Operation/ Group IBM Tivoli Admin
Aspen Pharmacare Port Elizabeth
7 Fairclough Road, Korsten, Port Elizabeth, 6020
PO Box 4002, Korsten, 6014
Tel: +27 (0) 41 407 2855
Fax: +27 (0) 41 453 7452
Cell: 082 320 4495
Email : acompton AT aspenpharma DOT com   This email is solely for the named
addressee.   Any unauthorised use or interception of this email, or the
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon the contents of this email, by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are
not the named addressee please notify us immediately by way of a reply
e-mail, and also delete this email and any attached files.

Disclaimer:  You must scan this email and any attached files for viruses
and/or any other defects.  Pharmacare Limited accepts no liability for
any loss, damages or consequence, whether direct, indirect,
consequential or economic, however caused, and whether by negligence or
otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from this
communication or of any attached files.