ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Database Size

2007-09-05 13:50:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Database Size
From: Tom Melton <Tom.Melton AT EMORYHEALTHCARE DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:48:34 -0400
I have done a few searches, but have not found anything conclusive.  I
am interested in finding database/performance size limits, not maximum
database size.

My TSM system is on AIX configured as follows:

IBM P650 Server 8-way 16 GB
AIX 5.3
TSM 5.2.2
2 fibre channel paths to disk
4 fibre paths to 8 - 3592 tape drives
2 scsi paths to 6 - 3590 tape drives
60 GB database size

Overall performance is good.  We are looking to add workload to this
TSM server and my only real concern is database size where it comes to
performance.  Expiration runs in a decent time, DB backup runs in a
decent time as well.  Lets say the additional workload causes a 100%
increase in DB size to 120 GB - anyone expect me to see problems?

I would like to see real world numbers on TSM database size on AIX -
respond if you can!

Thanks..

-Tom