ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Inaccurate 'q stg' reporting

2007-09-04 03:43:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] Inaccurate 'q stg' reporting
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:40:54 +0300
Today morning, after turning my laptop on I did:

tsm: TRISTAN>q stg disk*

Storage         Device          Estimated       Pct       Pct     High
    Low     Next Stora-
Pool Name       Class Name       Capacity      Util      Migr      Mig
    Mig     ge Pool
                                                                   Pct     Pct
-----------     ----------     ----------     -----     -----     ----
    ---     -----------
DISK_6          DISK                840 G       8.0       8.0       95
     80     FILE_6
DISK_MAIL       DISK                410 G       0.0       0.0       95
     70     FILE_MAIL
DISK_ORA        DISK                819 G       4.1       3.3       95
     70     FILE_ORA
DISK_SEDNA      DISK                696 G       0.0       0.0       95
     70     FILE_SEDNA

Several minutes later I did:
tsm: TRISTAN>q stg disk*

Storage         Device          Estimated       Pct       Pct     High
    Low     Next Stora-
Pool Name       Class Name       Capacity      Util      Migr      Mig
    Mig     ge Pool
                                                                   Pct     Pct
-----------     ----------     ----------     -----     -----     ----
    ---     -----------
DISK_6          DISK                840 G      44.0      44.0       95
     80     FILE_6
DISK_MAIL       DISK                410 G      64.1      64.1       95
     70     FILE_MAIL
DISK_ORA        DISK                819 G      65.5      65.5       95
     70     FILE_ORA
DISK_SEDNA      DISK                696 G      32.5      32.5       95
     70     FILE_SEDNA

Please note how the Utilizations percentages have suddenly jumped. The
second output is actually something that I would expect to get at that
time of day, not the first.

Anybody knows if that's a known bug?
  Tivoli Storage Management Server for Linux/i386 - Version 5, Release
3, Level 5.1
--
Warm regards,
Michael Green