ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup on VMWARE ESX

2007-08-29 06:27:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup on VMWARE ESX
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:24:41 +0200
On Wednesday 29 August 2007, Richard van Denzel wrote:
> Hello Pierre,
>
> It depends on wether your ESX Server will be 2.x or 3.x.
> The consolidated backup is for 2.x only. On ESX 3.x servers the way VM's
> are deployed is completely changed and there is AFAIK no way to backup
> the VMDK files.
I think consolidated backup is also available for 3.x (I'm pretty sure).

For backup of the vmdk files, I adapted my custom script for ESC 2.x to 3.x
(in stead of redo logs you have to snapshot) so I can online backup the vmdk
files.  Works flawless.
For a all-in-one backup script, google for vmbk.

Stef