ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANS2050E message

2007-08-27 04:02:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANS2050E message
From: Rick Harderwijk <rick.harderwijk AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:45:48 +0200
Hi,

I just started at a new company and for the moment they are still running
TSM. One of the clients on Windows 2000 Server SP4 (5.3.4.0) did not backup
last night; the message I got in the errorlog was '08/27/2007 08:04:53
ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt  because the
process is running in the background.'.

I checked the dsm.opt and confirmed that the option PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
is set. I suspect that the problem stems from the fact that the backup is
started through a batchfile using the Windows Task Scheduler instead of
through the TSM Scheduler service (which is not installed) for some reason
not yet known to me. Am I correct in my observation and is there any
workaround - as this problem will most likely come back as soon as the
password expires again.

Cheers,

Rick Harderwijk