ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Remote Bkups

2007-08-24 11:42:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Remote Bkups
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:39:56 -0400
At 10:11 AM 8/24/2007, Collins, Brenda wrote:
If we let them run too long in the attempt to get a backup, they
eventualy pin the log on the TSM server and we risk the server crashing.

If you can't make your TSM recovery log larger, then perhaps you need
a new TSM server instance.  Sounds like your problem is that you've
got other activity that is causing the head of the log to advance, in
combination with this long-lasting transaction that is pinning the
tail of the log.  You can either speed up the tail, or slow down the
head, or make the log larger.

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521