ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 3494 library serial connection

2007-08-22 13:37:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] 3494 library serial connection
From: Michael Read <Michael.Read AT SANOFI-AVENTIS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:35:28 -0500
does anyone know the proper configuration in ibmatl.conf for a serial
port in Windows for a connection to an IBM 3494 library manager.

I apologize if this sounds like a stupid question, but I couldn't find
anything in my reference guides, or library manuals.  all I could find
for serial connections was for aix.  I have tried putting it in the conf
file as comX, but I can't get anything.  I have the IBM atl drivers
installed, and I am expecting that when I set it up correctly, I should
see something in Device Manager that shows it as a medium changer or
something, but maybe that is a false assumption as well.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Michael C. Read