ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] prescheduled postcheduled commands help

2007-08-22 11:09:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] prescheduled postcheduled commands help
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:04:39 -0500
In the dsm.opt file add:
PRESCHEDULECMD "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\StopStuff.bat"
POSTSCHEDULECMD "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\StartStuff.bat"
 Or
PRESCHEDULECMD c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\StopStuff.bat
POSTSCHEDULECMD c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\StartStuff.bat

In the "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient" directory add:

StartStuff.bat
        Net start "Update Services"
        Net start "World Wide Web Publishing Service"

StopStuff.bat
        Net stop "Update Services"
        Net stop "World Wide Web Publishing Service"

Run the backup normally.  The batch has 5 minutes to complete. (I think)

Test both batch files from the command line to make sure there are not
any dependencies.

I know of no simpler way to stop and start services for a backup.

Andy Huebner