ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fw: dsm.opt include statement

2007-08-10 20:23:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fw: dsm.opt include statement
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:21:44 -0400
Looks like it's missing a space beween the ending " and the '45'.  If
that's a typo here, is there an include for the same data below this line
in the dsm.opt?  If so, that line will cause the file to be backed up
without the management class being used.

Nick Cassimatis

----- Forwarded by Nicholas Cassimatis/Raleigh/IBM on 08/10/2007 08:20 PM
-----

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/10/2007
06:34:12 PM:

> Seems as though some folks are having issues with management classes
> in the dsm.opt that point includes to a management class that holds
> data for a longer period of time than the default. I was wondering
> if anyone had an idea as to why this statement seems to not work.
> There are no errors in the log and no indications elsewhere of an issue.
>
> the client is the latest version Windows client running onWindows
> 2003. Unfortunately I am out of the country and can't double check
> the management class itself to make sure it is properly defined.
>
> Include "E:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup"45day-mgt