ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Oracle rman and tdp out of sync

2007-08-07 12:07:27
Subject: [ADSM-L] Oracle rman and tdp out of sync
From: Shawn Geil <shawn.geil AT WASHBURN DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:05:22 -0500
I have found that my DBA was not deleting backups from TSM via RMAN when
removing the backup from the control file.  I now have that issue
corrected.  I am having some challenges getting the orphaned backups out
of TSM however.

Environment:
Oracle 9.2 on AIX 5.2
TSM 5.2 on AIX 5.1
TDP 5.2
no catalog using the control file

We have tried doing an RMAN crosscheck but it only finds the backups in
the control file not the ones only in TSM.  We do have delete obsolete
now working correctly to handle the backup in both the control file and TSM.

I have been reading about tdposync but that only looks to work if you
are using the RMAN catalog.  Is this correct and if so does anyone know
of another method to clear these up.  I have seen the delete object
information but would prefer not to use an unsupported undocumented command.

Shawn Geil, Senior Systems Administrator         shawn.geil AT washburn DOT edu
Information Systems and Services          phone number 785.670.1010.2305
Washburn University                                 Topeka, Kansas 66621