ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Image backup/restore chkdsk required

2007-08-03 15:30:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] Image backup/restore chkdsk required
From: egonle AT NETSCAPE DOT NET
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 15:28:34 -0400
Hi,

I have tsm client 5.3.4.0 installed on a W2K box. In order to speed up the
restore process I've setup image backup for volume c:. Recently I've been
testing image restores however it seems that the backed up image is corrupt and
cannot be used.
During image backup there aren't any failures and dsmcsvc returns with success.
I restore the image using winpe/bartpe to a newly created partition. TSM GUI
does not report any error during the restore process. However volume c: is
marked corrupt and needs chkdsk. Chkdsk must be run with /f parameter as there
are errors on the restored volume. Chkdsk seems to fix a lot of problems and
creates a folder named found.000. There are quite some directories and files.

Is there a way to "fix" that? Why does tsm not report an error during backup?
Might client 5.3.5 solve that issue?
I think I did not have such a failure when TSM 5.2.2.0 was installed.

Best Regards,
..-- Egonle

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- Unlimited storage and industry-leading
spam and email virus protection.