ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Change Admin Passwords Remotley

2007-08-03 09:27:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] Change Admin Passwords Remotley
From: Shawn Malone <shawnm1964 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 06:25:46 -0700
Hi,

We are running TSM Server Version 5, Release 3, Level
2.3 on an AIX server.

I'm trying to automate the password change and have
been using a command line utility called DSMCUTIL.  It
can generate an encrypted registry password on the TSM
node itself.  One of the switches is
"updateoneserver:yes|no".  I have successfully reset
the password using this switch which also appeared to
have reset it on the TSM server as well.  The one
thing it did not change was the associated Admin
account.

I've been reading the help files but haven't found
anything that talks about changing the Admin passwords
remotely.  I was wondering if anyone knows whether or
not it's possible.

Thanks,
Shawn