ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM performance very poor, Recovery log is being pinned

2007-08-01 17:10:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM performance very poor, Recovery log is being pinned
From: Robert Clark <robert_clark AT MAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:05:11 -0700
Switching to RLV:

Some CPU time that would be used for OS overhead for filesystem is freed. This
could be used for running one more TSM instance?

Memory that would be used for filesystem cache is freed. This could be used by
TSM for buffers?

I don't know what effect either would have on overall throughput or efficiency,
but it would be fascinating to find out.

The relative ease of setup of RLV depends on the filesystem it is compared
with? On extent based filesystems( like NTFS), dsmfmt finishes very quickly?

[RC]