ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] label with six number

2007-08-01 09:53:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] label with six number
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 09:46:49 -0400
archives.

Second, I went through the reverse situation (I started getting 8-digits
on a new TSM server vs 6-before) and the answer was 2-fold.

#1  The 3583 (and others) library has the option to report labels as
"extended" (meaning 5-16 characters per my book) or "default" which is 6.
In IBM's own amusing way, "default" is not the default.

#2  The tape driver level also dictates how many digits are
shown/accepted.

Vinicius Fraga <vinicius AT VANGUARD-IT.COM DOT BR>
07/31/2007 04:11 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] label with six number

Hi,

I've got the same problem with the tsm wich is labeling just the first six
numbers, i know that someone here had this problem, but i deleted the
email with the answer, could anyone foward this email for me?