ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM-V5.4

2007-07-30 07:07:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM-V5.4
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:02:09 -0400
TSM development tests and verifies that TSM software will work one
release ahead and behind, relative to what other TSM software it is
communicating with, and thus can say that such combinations are
supported.  Other combinations will work, but are not supported.
(Some of us have V2 clients running with V5 servers.)  Naturally, you
should not attempt to utilize advanced, new-release functions in a
client which a release-behind server is not programmed to handle.

   Richard Sims