ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM vs. Legato Networker Comparison

2007-07-25 13:10:49
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM vs. Legato Networker Comparison
From: "Schneider, John" <schnjd AT STLO.MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:54:38 -0500
Greetings,
        We have been a TSM shop for many years, but EMC came to our
management with a proposal to replace our TSM licenses with Legato
Networker, at a better price than what we are paying for TSM today.
This came right on the heels of paying our large TSM license bill, and
so it got management's attention.
        We have an infrastructure of 15 TSM servers and about 1000
clients, so this would be a large and painful migration.  It would also
require a great deal of new hardware and consultant costs during the
migration, which would detract from the cost savings.
        So instead of jumping from one backup product to another based
on price alone, we have been asked to do an evaluation between the two
products.  Do any of you have any feature comparisons between the two
products that would give me a head start?

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Email:  schnjd AT stlo.mercy DOT net