ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange and retired exchange servers

2007-07-13 10:06:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange and retired exchange servers
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:00:11 -0500
We have recently retired a number of Exchange 2003 servers. And can not
restore their data to an existing recovery storage group because the
machine no longer exists in the domain. MS indicates we can delete the
recovery storage group and restore to a DB of the same name on a server
with the same Storage group name and DB name. When we deleted the
recovery storage group we get the following message.
ACN5798E MS Exchange API HRESERESTOREADDDATABASE() failed with HRESULT:
0xc7fe1f42 - Database not found.

Has anyone come across this scenario before ? Is there anyway to
redirect the restore to a DB of my choice ?
Figured I'd ask here before placing a call.