ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] HSM practical limit?

2007-07-12 15:07:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] HSM practical limit?
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:05:12 -0400
We're considering using HSM for storing large object-size files.

I'm curious if folks using HSM have comments on what the practical
object limit is for one HSM-managed filesystem.  I.e., how many
objects can you have in one HSM-managed filesystem before you start
running into problems?

If it matters, this will be on Solaris and VxFS.

Thanks in advance,
..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521