ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] separation of copypool tapes

2007-07-12 15:04:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] separation of copypool tapes
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:01:09 -0500
When we rearranged our tape pools, we did a move node.  We did not look
for a way to move the tape because we where changing tape technology.
Recreating the copy pool is easy; a backup storage pool to a new copy
pool will work fine.  Beware that the data will remain in the old copy
pool, to fix this you will need to delete the copy pool volumes.  We
moved all of the nodes and deleted every volume in the copy pool (about
1000 tapes) and let backup storage pool create new volumes. (about 50
tapes)

Andy Huebner