ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Backup Storage Pool Issue

2007-07-12 09:21:34
Subject: [ADSM-L] Backup Storage Pool Issue
From: "Welton, Charles" <weltcc AT STLO.MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:19:19 -0500
Hello:

I have two "backup stgpools" running and one of them is waiting for the
tape being used by the other.  I have seen this error before and it will
resolve itself eventually when the first one finishes, and the second
one gets the tape it is waiting for.  But it does cause a delay.  I
thought TSM's process for identifying which files get picked up by each
thread in a "backup stgpool" would correctly prevent them from needing
the same tape.  Is this problem preventable?

Thank you...

Charles Welton