ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] cancel a pending restartable restore session

2007-07-11 15:46:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] cancel a pending restartable restore session
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:44:14 -0400
Thanks Richard and Len. You are right Richard, silly me. So 'Cancel
Restore' is the command..

0 - Summary of Changes
             1 - Using Commands
             2 - Select from the commands listed below:
             3 -  ARCHIVE
             4 -  BACKUP DB2UDB
             5 -  BACKUP GROUP
             6 -  BACKUP IMAGE
             7 -  BACKUP NAS
             8 -  BACKUP WAS
             9 -  CANCEL PROCESS
            10 -  CANCEL RESTORE
            11 -  DELETE ACCESS
            12 -  DELETE ARCHIVE
            13 -  DELETE BACKUP
            14 -  DELETE FILESPACE
            15 -  DELETE GROUP
            16 -  EXPIRE
            17 -  HELP
            18 -  INCREMENTAL

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator
Mohegan Sun
1 Mohegan Sun Blvd
Uncasville, CT 06382
ext 28164

             Richard Sims
             <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            To
             Dist Stor                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Manager"                                                   cc
             <[email protected]
             .EDU>                                                 Subject
                                       Re: [ADSM-L] cancel a pending
                                       restartable restore session
             07/11/2007 03:23
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

On Jul 11, 2007, at 3:16 PM, Avy Wong wrote:

> Len,
>       I tried them both but it still says the same error. But when
> I try
> 'cancel restore' it says no restartable restore. The strange thing
> is if
> there is no restartable restore why does it  say ...........
>
> tsm> cancel restore 1
> ANS1038S Invalid option specified
> ANS1820E Command line options must be preceded by a '-'
> tsm> cancel restore all
> ANS1038S Invalid option specified
> ANS1820E Command line options must be preceded by a '-'

You seem to be attempting to use TSM server command syntax in a TSM
client dsmc session.

Use the Help command in the appropriate environment to see syntax for
that environment.

    Richard Sims

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and
protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this
in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from
your
computer.