ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum Capacity for a File Device Class

2007-07-11 11:37:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Maximum Capacity for a File Device Class
From: Robben Leaf <robben.leaf AT USBANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:15:12 -0500
We are now at version 5.3.5.0, and we still have the 63 GB limit on file
devclass maximum capacity. Figured it out the hard way.

Robben Leaf
Enterprise Storage Backup and Retention
651-962-2698
robben.leaf AT usbank DOT com

             "Joni Moyer"
             <joni.moyer@HIGHM
             ARK.COM>                                                   To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     [ADSM-L] Maximum Capacity for a
                                       File Device Class

             07/11/2007 09:31
             AM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Hey Everyone,

I recently upgraded to TSM 5.3.4.2 on an AIX server.  Prior to this I had
set the maximum capacity to be 63 GB, but would anyone happen to know
where I can find the maximum setting for a file device class at this TSM
version?  I have found everything but the info. that I actually wanted in
the manuals, so I think I must be looking in the wrong location.  Any help
is appreciated.  Thanks!

            Device Class Name: DBBFILE
        Device Access Strategy: Sequential
            Storage Pool Count: 0
                   Device Type: FILE
                        Format: DRIVE
         Est/Max Capacity (MB): 64,512.0
                   Mount Limit: 1
              Mount Wait (min):
         Mount Retention (min):
                  Label Prefix:
                       Library:
                     Directory: /tsmprod/db1backup
                   Server Name:
                  Retry Period:
                Retry Interval:
                        Shared:
            High-level Address:
              Minimum Capacity:
                          WORM: No
              Drive Encryption:
               Scaled Capacity:

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems, Storage Mngt Analyst III
Phone Number: (717)302-9966
Fax: (717) 302-9826
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains
information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy
laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the
intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from
retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this
information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have
received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you
in advance for your cooperation.