ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Any recommendations for windows clients optimum performance on a GIGE network

2007-07-09 14:54:14
Subject: [ADSM-L] Any recommendations for windows clients optimum performance on a GIGE network
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 14:52:59 -0400
Hello all,

I know I  poised this question in the past, but I don't think their were
any responses
so I just thought I would try again. I put some windows clients on a
dedicated GigE network does anyone have any optimum values for using
GigE for Windows clients on a TSM server running on AIX 5.3. server?
I read the recommended options in the tuning guide which states
compression yes
is for slow networks so I changed some clients to "no compression". I
also have been
adjusting the TCPW windowsize. Can anyone suggest any other options that I
may want to adjust to take advantage of  the faster performance?

Thanks for any help, suggestions in advance!

Here is the some opt.file parameters (before changes were made)

Lang AMENG
Domain ALL-LOCAL
schedmode prompted
tcbp 32