ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] HSM for windows - send message to user

2007-07-06 16:18:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] HSM for windows - send message to user
From: Bruno <brunotsm AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 17:17:17 -0300
Hi TSMers,

one of my company costumers required a special feature for the HSM which is
not implemented on it.
We are using a Windows 2k3 cluster file server (by the way, only works on
HSM 5.4) TSM Client 5.4 and AIX Server 5.3.2. Thousands users store their
files on it.
They want HSM to send a message (net send or some thing like it) for the end
user who requires a recall, so the user know that her request will take some
"extra" time.
As you know this sort of decision comes top down and now I need to make this
"add-on" for the HSM for Windows.
I tried to take a look on the log files and see if the machine or user name
are captured. Indeed, there is a log file with the user name of each user
who requires a file. But these entries are added after the recall. Doesn't
help.
Does any one know where should I find the HSM API?
And better, does any one have ever done such job earlier?
Any reply pointing to some direction will be appreciated!

Best regards,

Bruno Melo