ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Lost in TSM licensing

2007-07-02 14:14:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Lost in TSM licensing
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:13:02 -0400
-----Geoff Gill wrote: -----

>So what you are saying is I still have to manually restore hundreds
>of files from hundreds of systems to a location, and hopefully the
>file name is different on each one or it will overwrite it ever time
>I restore it, and then manually go through each file to get the info.
>Not to mention the fact it could be some folks may not even have the
>web interface up and I actually don't have access to restore the file.
>
>Sorry, for me, way too much work.

I did some experiments with remote collection of CPU counts. I used
a command with a return code equal to the number of processors. I
could then read the results from the output of a "query event"
command.

My management declined to let me put this scheme into production for
the same sort of political reasons other postings in this thread
have mentioned; it was thought inexpedient to give the client
administrators such a vivid illustration of our power to take overtheir
systems.