ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Waiting (and waiting) for TSM prompt...

2007-06-28 05:18:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Waiting (and waiting) for TSM prompt...
From: goc <gooooc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:16:55 +0200
the query processing stops but cleaning up temporary generated data
tables takes up the time is my guess

On 6/28/07, Michael Green <mishagreen AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
I think I didn't express myself correctly.

What I mean is that if I do
select   * from <any_big_table>
and then I get the first chunk of output
and then I do 'C'  to cancel the query
it takes literally ages for 'tsm>' to reappear.

Why?

If I ordered the query to stop (by issuing 'C'), isn't it that the
query processing stops (or should stop) immediately? and then should
release me the prompt right away?
However it takes VERY long time for the prompt to return.

On 6/28/07, Henrik Wahlstedt <SHWL AT statoil DOT com> wrote:
> Processing time. A cleaner way to stop the transactions is to do a
> cancel session from a second admin cmd-line. Ctrl+C if I remember your
> first post correctly is not the way to stop your query.
>
> //Henrik

Of

--
Warm regards,