ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] Lost in TSM licensing

2007-06-26 05:26:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] AW: [ADSM-L] Lost in TSM licensing
From: Thomas Rupp <Thomas.Rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:25:50 +0200
OK, it's not beautiful but I would do the following:

M$ offers a tool named MSINFO32 that returns a lot of information about a
server.
You can gather information from a remote server - provided you have enough
rights on
the remote machine.

I got the following - localized - information from one of our Wintel boxes:

Systeminformationsbericht erstellt am: 06/26/07 11:17:17
Systemname: PC5008
[Systemübersicht]

Element Wert
Betriebssystemname      Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1 Build 3790
Betriebssystemhersteller        Microsoft Corporation
Systemname      xxxxxxxx
Systemhersteller        HP
Systemmodell    ProLiant DL380 G4
Systemtyp       X86-based PC
Prozessor       x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3400 Mhz
Prozessor       x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3400 Mhz
Prozessor       x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3400 Mhz
Prozessor       x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3400 Mhz
BIOS-Version/-Datum     HP P51, 16.08.2005

If this processor information is enough to generate the numbers you need for TSM
licensing then it shouldn't be too hard to create a script that does the
scanning
of your servers.

Thomas Rupp